I was tagged by my lovely friend Marathon Mama to write ten things I like. I like green, to start.
This is easy.
I like a lot of things. I want a lot of things. I'm a liker and a wanter to a fault. I realize that like and want are not synonymous. Unfortunately, for me, they are often are.
Okay. Let's see. How do I limit myself to ten?
Should I categorize here? Things I like to have? Things I like to see? Things I like to be? Things I like to get?
So many choices... so many choices....
I will start with a few things I like that you, the reader, can give to me. Let's face it, I'd like to spread (as I said in my last post I would) sweetness and light, but really whatI want is sweetness and light for moi. I'm like that.
So, what do I LIKE, that I can get from YOU?
1. Attention. I really like attention--espeically positive attention, but I am a sucker for all attention, really, even the negative stuff. You can pay attention to me by making comments on my blog. A lot.
2. Flattery. I like attention--and flattery is really a sub-category of attention, but I will list it separately so I can articulate my favorite forms of flatter. I like to be told (by order of preference) that I'm hot, I'm smart, I'm funny, I'm a good writer, I'm a kick-ass parent, I'm a fantastic athlete, and I'm likable. Those are my favorite compliments--but any and all flattery is liked by me.
3. A Good Debate. Boy do I love to bicker about all things triathlon--or anything really. I LOVE getting reactions out of people--and I will often say things I shouldn't just to see what will happen and how the other person will respond. I only like to bicker, though, when it's understood that in the end it's all fun, and with a person who can be wicked and witty. It's no fun if the whole thing is too serious or if the person with whom I'm bickering doesn't have at least some amount of dry wit.
4. Friendship. You know, when I started this blogging stuff I expected to interact with other athletes and that was appealing. I had NO IDEA how many friends--like real friends--I would make by doing it, though. Some of these friends I've met and I hang with regularly, like MM, mentioned above. Others I've never met, but I feel like I've known and loved forever, like Judi or Michelle or R&L or Velma or Amanda or Lucho or Elizabeth or Regina or Donna or Meredith (there are so many more of you, too, but I got sick of linking. You know who you are. Forgive me. ) I also have friends who I have gotten to know so much better through blogging, like Steve and KP and Kim or Speedy--and even my bestest friends ever like Ange and Alina. It's just a cool thing. I like blogging and I like my blogger peeps.
Okay. How about a list of things I like in workout/race land?
1. Kicking ass and placing well.
2. When a really awesome song comes on the IPod and I can dance and sing (sort of) as I run.
4. Passing people, all people and any people, in a race, on the road, in the pool, and staying ahead of them.
Okay. How about a list of my favvvvvv fashion tri wear.
2. Nike race tops
3. black arm warmers
4. Little Sugoi 4-inch tri shorts
5. Sock Guy socks.
How about things I like that I shouldn't like???
Gossip, tattoos, pick-up trucks...
hmmm. On second thought, probably shouldn't go there.
That would be a really fun list to write. It's too bad.
Okay. Onward. List of Foods/Beverages I like:
3. lean meats, fruits and vegetables (JK)
4. Dessert of any kind. (Seriously, any kind. I've never met a dessert I didn't like.)
5. Wheat Chex. I just really like Wheat Chex.
List of RANDOM THINGS I really like, and then I'm done cause I'm way, way over 10.
1. Dogs. All dogs. Even big, ugly slobbery dogs. In fact, I may like them the best.
2. Massage that hurts.
3. Personality Assessment Instruments of any kind.
5. Dancing and drinking.
6. Watching Craig Alexander in the last few minutes of the IM Kona 2009 special as he crosses the line, and then gets that angry Fuck You! I'm the Best! Me! look on his face..... arghhhhhhhhh (that might go under the list of things I shouldn't like, though...)
8. A really, really good book where I am so involved I start talking to the characters as if they are real.
9. House. The TV show.
10. When Lara, my littlest says, I wuv you..... Makes me melt.
11. Watching Jordan kick ass in the pool and beat all the rest of those stinking 8-year-olds.
12. That'll do, Pig.
14. Nailing a workout.
15. Going to the ice cream store with Alina and the kids in Ocean Park.
16. Rambling philosophical discussions with Andy that go on for hours.
17. Feeling my arm muscles.
18. Winning an arguement.
19. Really good, sharp, dry wit. Wit and banter combined is fucking sublime...
19a. The word fuck in all its forms and parts of speech.
20. The smell of my super stinky old dog, Linus.
21. Crinkling pillowcases.
22. Really sharp pencils.
23. The smell of bleach.
24. The thrift shop Second Time Around
25. My kids. who are fucking perfect in every way.
Other stuff too, but I'm pretty sure you stopped reading awhile ago.
There's my sweetness and light!