1. People say you are so lucky, and you know you are lucky, but you still want to tell them to fuck off--what the fuck do they know?
2. You think you are going to be able to sit and read with a cup of coffee and one of eight million things comes up to make that impossible?
3. You think you are running fast, and you look at your Garmin and you are running like a minute slower per mile than you thought you were?
4. Your dog eats a whole can of omega three fatty acid pills and reeks of fish oil and you can't get rid of the stench? Plus your omega three fatty pills are gone and you have to replace them?
5. You need like ONE DAY JUST ONE GOD DAMN day to chill--alone--and you simply cannot get it and it will likely be like 10 more years before you do? And then someone tells you that someday you are going to miss these days and want them back? And you know they are right but you still want to poke their eyeballs out with toothpicks and tell them that they simply don't remember what it is like to have absolutely NO ESCAPE?
6. You think your period is OVER, and then it comes back for a last hurrah and gets you when you are in a bikini and on the beach and cannot get to a bathroom at all?
Okay, I guess that's enough for now.
Feel free to add your own!
Here is an update on training.
It is slow and not going very well.
Here is an update on my mental state.
I am feeling rather DOWN and unable to yank myself back up because I am far too busy contemplating my feeling down.
I am planning to race a little sprint next weekend, and then the OOB Rev Half Ironman the weekend after that. I am frankly not sure how I will finish that half IM since I am really struggling to ride longer than 45 minutes and run longer than 15... but I may have to do it anyway. Why do I need to do it? For the same reason I need to pick the same scab over and over again. I simply can't help my poor sorry self.