Thursday, December 8, 2011

7 Things

Courtney (aka That Runner Chick) tagged me in a recent post. The game is to list seven things about yourself.
This one seemed pretty easy to complete, as opposed to some other tagging games, so I decided to do it. Also, I know you are all getting super sick of me talking about how time is slipping slipping slipping into the future....and how I am not keeping up, so I figured this was a good opportunity to depart from that topic for a day or so.

So here are my seven things:

  • I am destined to be a crazy dog lady. Before I die (oh boy... the time is slipping theme again...) I want to have owned a Boxer, a Mastiff, a Newfie, a French Bulldog, a Grand Pyrenees, a St. Bernard, a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Vizsla.  So far I have only owned 2 yellow labs, a chocolate lab and a Boston Terrier. I have some dog owning to do.
  • In high school, given my love of sneaking off to drink coffee and philosophize about God knows what, I could've been voted most likely to NOT do an Ironman in the future. Ange may have gotten most likely to do one, however. I love Ange for never giving up on me... and waiting for my inner Ironman to make an appearance....
  • After reading IronWar I realized a few things. At first I thought I liked the portrayal of Dave Scott better than the portrayal of Mark Allen because I am more like Dave Scott in my attitude and training predilections. I realize now, however, that I identify more with Mark Allen. He is more like me if I am at all like either--especially in terms of his upbringing and its effect on his personality as an adult--but I would LIKE to be like Dave Scott. I am more in awe of his type... I have always wanted to be someone like him. I want to be able to suffer more and better than everyone else.
  • It is quite possible that my son inherited his ADHD from .... me. I have likely read 1000 books now on ADHD and I keep coming up with.... Oh dear. I know where he gets this...
  • I want to love to cook. But I hate to cook.
  • My kids get after me because I constantly swear in front of them. Jordan frequently lectures me on how I might become more like other moms: work out less, don't swear in front of children, start making wholesome meals. 
  • I am swimming a 400 IM in a swim meet this weekend and I fear I might drown after the 100 fly.
So there you have it. Now I am supposed to tag other people, but I am too lazy to do so. That should be number eight? So if you read this, and you feel like posting seven things about yourself, do so, and then let me know to go visit your blog so I can read all about you. :)



7 comments:

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

Ok, nothing to say about the "dog lady", simply can't relate:). I was just like you in HS. I believe you do suffer more and better than "everyone else". Few would disagree with me here. You ADHD? Hm, somehow I don't see it. Swearing in front of kids? My son uses "fluck" all the time now. I started using it too! You would want to love to cook? I hate cooking and have no desire to love it. There are so many other things I love doing and don't get to do. You will have a great swim race:)

Love and Puppies, Christy said...

I own a Newfie mix (best dog in the world, despite the fact that in his old age he is costing more than college will for my daughter and a Great Pyrenees mix who I am totally willing to give if you want her. :) Sweetest dog ever. Dumbest dog ever. Runs away every chance she gets. One of the dogs is gonna make me broke, one of them is going to make me insane.

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

Vizslas are the best running partners EVER :)

Swimming for ME said...

"Oh Dear" ..... that sounds a lot like someone else I know.
BTW, if you can do an Ironman, I am quite positively 100% sure you will survive the 400 IM. love, me

Teamarcia said...

I've owned two of the dogs on your list: Newfie and G. Pyrenees. Fabulous dogs but holy slobber Batman!

Jenn said...

This is great! Ha ha! I just Googled Vizla. I've watched Westminster on TV but apparently Vizla eluded me. I've been wanting to read IronWar! I only read "Goosebumps" these days...I take that back. I allow small children to read "Goosebumps" to me while I comment on blogs.

Laughed out loud at the wholesome meals! I actually love to cook but only for myself or adult company, not for kids or my husband. Jordan, this cracks me up-don't swear in front of children-ha ha!

Best of luck on your swim:)

A Prelude To... said...

I think that's so funny about the dog thing. You've got some dog shopping to do, lady!