Sunday, October 21, 2007

Taking Time Off

Is hard to do for we compulsive types. I haven't been doing any really training save a few runs here and there, so I have been spending time instead obsessing about the next year and how I am going to train, execute, and become the next Chrissie Wellington. Don't laugh. You never know. 

I am going to state my goal FOR THE RECORD. 

1. Go five hours for the 1/2 at Timberman. Okay, Okay! I said it! I know it's very ambitious, but I'm dreaming big. It's easy to dream big when you are sitting on your arse contemplating the next season. My two other goals are to: 1. qualify for Clearwater, (which I did this year at Timberman, although I didn't know this at the time. Rolldown continued past five slots for a variety of reasons. But I digress...) 

2. Sign up for Lake Placid 2009. No goal for that yet. I just want to sign up. That in itself is a huge challenge. Hopefully I will get a spot if I set up camp the night before registration in L.P. 

Here is my race calendar so far for 2008: 

January: Frostbite 15K Derry 16 Miler 

Feb. Cape Classic 10 Miler Hyannis Half Marathon 

March: Stu's 30K 

April: Don't know yet. 

May: Sudbury Sprint Tri 

June: Mooseman International Shipbuilder's International 

 July: Peaks to Portland (swim, ocean, 2.2 miles) OP5K 

August: Maine State Triathlon (sprint) Brew Run (5.2 miles) Timberman Half Iron 

September: Pumpkinman Half Iron (MAYBE) CELT Challenge (Sprint) 

October: Portland Marathon 

November: World Championships/Half Iron. 

Nothing is written in stone yet except Timberman. I love planning. All for now.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I am with you on the planning. I love the first of the year because by them most of the dates are set in stone for the smaller local races.

Good luck!!