Monday, November 24, 2008

I feel fat.
and gross.
and lazy.
and indulgent.
and very, very grumpy.
and also very boring.

It is time to start moving again.

As a farewell to my final days in slothdom, I had a weekend away with my college girlfriends. My friend Steph is biting the bullet and getting married, and we needed to celebrate. It was fabulous. We slept late, got massages, went shopping for jeans, rented a limo and had an awesome and expensive dinner at which we drank too much and laughed loudly. Here we are in the limo:

But, sighhhhhh, now I am home.

I have been thinking about my race calendar for 2009. Obviously the most central event will be Lake Placid, but I'm trying to figure out what B and C races will round out the year. When you're not training it's easy to get overly ambitious. I have to watch that. The hub. is doing a 140 mile ride in mid-June, so hopefully we will get in a few centuries together in prep. for that and for my race at L.P.

Maybe when I begin training again my become posts will become a little more zesty.

Speaking of zest, I need to bring an appetizer to Thanksgiving dinner. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Rainmaker said...

Appetizer? Just do a big ole antipasta platter. Go to your neighboorhood meat-man and get some nice smoked meats (like salami) and then slice and dice and go from there with some local cheese.

Michelle said...

As the current reigning Queen of Slothdom, I'll be sad to see you go. :) Have fun '09 planning!!!!! I LOVE race season planning! And I don't know how I missed your plans for LP - NICE! Can't wait to read about the build up. I'm hoping to bump up to a 1/2 IM this year. Gulp.

Bob Almighty said...

Try something exotic, like kiwi bird underglass, or poached dodo eggs...if that doesn't work trythe traditonal spinach dip, or a cheese and cold cut platter, works or you could just so up with a pie or cookies and be like "appitizer? I thought you wanted me to bring desert? my bad."

Good luck planning around IMLP there is a Half Iron in CT the REV3Tri that will be tacking some similar terrain in early June, it could be a nice test run.

Swimming for ME said...

You need to read this new book I got called Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life... all about letting the "demons" do their thing and you do yours. I guess the research is finding that cognitive restructuring isn't as effective as learning to live with your demons and just be mindful of them.

Appetizer.... blend up some kalamata olives with garlic and olive oil and bring a bakery loaf of bread. Voila!

Judi said...

hi mary! can't help with your food ideas, dominic is the cook in our house. just wanted to wish ya a happy turkey day and i hope you get back to training soon. it's what we know best, right?

Speed Racer said...

Are you going to do the Revolution 3 race down in CT? I'm thinking of doing it, but can't decide whether to do the aquabike or sign up for the full distance. I'll also be at the Patriot, but I don't know if that's too late for you. Is Andy doing the B2B? Is it sold out yet?

What? You weren't planning on stalking me for all of 2009? I see...

Well I'm glad you enjoyed the sloth. I hope getting fat wasn't too scary an experience.