Friday, August 10, 2012

Don't You Hate It When....

1. People say you are so lucky, and you know you are lucky, but you still want to tell them to fuck off--what the fuck do they know?

2. You think you are going to be able to sit and read with a cup of coffee and one of eight million things comes up to make that impossible?

3. You think you are running fast, and you look at your Garmin and you are running like a minute slower per mile than you thought you were?

4. Your dog eats a whole can of omega three fatty acid pills and reeks of fish oil and you can't get rid of the stench? Plus your omega three fatty pills are gone and you have to replace them?

5. You need like ONE DAY JUST ONE GOD DAMN day to chill--alone--and you simply cannot get it and it will likely be like 10 more years before you do? And then someone tells you that someday you are going to miss these days and want them back? And you know they are right but you still want to poke their eyeballs out with toothpicks and tell them that they simply don't remember what it is like to have absolutely NO ESCAPE?

6. You think your period is OVER, and then it comes back for a last hurrah and gets you when you are in a bikini and on the beach and cannot get to a bathroom at all?

Okay, I guess that's enough for now.
Feel free to add your own!

Here is an update on training.
It is slow and not going very well.

Here is an update on my mental state.
I am feeling rather DOWN and unable to yank myself back up because I am far too busy contemplating my feeling down.

I am planning to race a little sprint next weekend, and then the OOB Rev Half Ironman the weekend after that. I am frankly not sure how I will finish that half IM since I am really struggling to ride longer than 45 minutes and run longer than 15... but I may have to do it anyway. Why do I need to do it? For the same reason I need to pick the same scab over and over again. I simply can't help my poor sorry self.

You know?





9 comments:

donna furse said...

You are the freakin best, I love it. Most likely your going to kick ass in both races because you haven't trained much and you don't give a rats ass. thus, you'll PR and win the whole friggin thing.

Trigirlpink said...

well I say, we need to put gloves on you missy for non-scab picking purposes and take that bike and those running shoes away until you clear out those cobwebs and find your passion again. You can't rush these things...

Ange said...

Totally understand

Ange said...

Totally understand

jess said...

#5- totally my life!

jess said...

#5- totally my life!

Keith said...

2- Clearly you have run out of duct tape. It makes anything hold still, and quiet, while you have a cup of coffee.

3- Happens to me all the time, only it's swimming. Stupid clock anyway.

5- use a fork. They are stronger and you get better leverage.

My training, 2 out of three aren't bad, and one is dreadful. Good thing I don't have any races scheduled.

If I bailed on a 70.3, you can too. Once I got it through my head there was no way my back was going to let me ride 95 K, and that I'd injure myself if I tried, it was almost easy to say, "Nope, don't need that chip" at package pickup.

Swimming for ME said...

duct tape might work for #6 too

Petraruns said...

Everyone is right, including you. This whole this is the best time of your life shit is shit. And periods are shit anyway and even worse on the beach. Without supplies. Really crappy.