Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Forgive Me

Blogger friends. I have been absent for a long time. I had a little blog vacation. But I'm back, better than ever, ready to blog my little tush off and respond to all of your posts asap.
I've been busy dealing with you know--stuff. Stuff happens and you have to deal with it. I dealt. Actually, I'm still dealing, but I miss you all, so I came back before all messiness has been ironed out. And actually, the messiness will never get completely ironed out, right? enough said.

Let's talk racing.
I am ready to race.
I know I will suck, but I am ready to race.
I. miss. it.

So what's on the docket?
A quick New Year's 5K at which I will likely suck wind so violently and die so completely that I will wet myself, or throw up or both. Bring it on.

A little 15k in mid-January. I will still likely suck at that point, but hopefully it will not be as ugly as the 5K.

Then, if coach approves, I plan to travel with my club to Derry, NH in mid-January to do the legendary Boston Prep 16 Miler. I've done it before, and it is truly an ass-kicking adventure. I love, love that race.

Next--a Feb. 1st 10 miler up in my hometown that is lovely and cold and hilly. I haven't missed running this race in years. I even ran it once when pregnant (well, barely pregnant, but still) and I ran it three months after giving birth to my second baby.

The following weekend I am off to Maine again for a swim meet at the Cape Elizabeth High School pool! Wahoo! I'm a little nervous about the diving off the blocks, I must admit. But I'm still so excited. A swim meet!

Finally, again if coach approves, I will run Stu's 30K in early March. This is also an ass-kicking adventure--probably even hillier and tougher than Derry, which as I mentioned earlier, is legendary for its hills.

I don't plan to go all out for all of these races (Derry/Stu's not all out; Frostbite & Cape 10 miler, definitely all out.)

I don't know after that. As I get close to IMLP I know I will have to really hunker down and just focus on my workouts. I'm prepared for that. But early on? I want to play--just a little.

I am completely unprepared for Christmas. I have been squirrelling away a few gifts for the kids, but other than buying scooters for my youngest two and a Simon for my oldest, I haven't been very focused in my shopping. I am really excited about that Simon, though. Did you have one as a kid? I loved that toy! I know I will steal it from her and get obsessed with playing it.

I just ordered two awesome Splish suits for myself for Christmas.

Alas I don't have the boobs to fill them out. Nevertheless, I'm so excited. They are both fun, and right now I am feeling I need a little fun.
Okay, okay, I always feel like I need fun.

The fun helps to smooth the messiness that never goes away.

13 comments:

triguyjt said...

wow..mary..what a sked you have the first few months...not to mention that you are doing imlp...wow,....

good luck...

nice suits.....

ahh I have too much (on top)...transplant???

Bob Almighty said...

Wow you're flirting with Claire Status with that schedule.

Good luck with the racing and training. Also I see Bree has converted you to the joys that are Splish suits...now only if they made training suits for us dudes...

Kim said...

holy races batman! you got a lot on your plate! and will kick ass at all of them! please, you are lucky that your boobs fit into any bathing suit...my jugs squeeze out of the sides of my speedo!

Swimming for ME said...

What's with the elephant? The pink elephant in the room? I hope you wear the blue lamae suit to the Cape meet and I am so HAPPY you will come. Talk about memories..... I have no doubt you will crush your high school times. How's that for therapy?

Anniversary Moments said...

Welcome Back! You are going to be logging quite a bit of miles in your sneakers this winter -- luv it!! I need to figure out my winter schedule. And I love the elephant swimsuit...can't wait to hear about the comments you get on it. happy holidays!

Ange said...

I was wondering the same thing (as Alina) about teh elephant.
When is the meet? I want to play.

GetBackJoJo said...

when one sees pink elephants he/she is very, very drunk. If you're so drunk that you're seeing pink elephants before your eyes, you are quite drunk indeed. with the suit--the person inside the suit is so hot that she causes those around her to see pink elephants--she intoxicates--she causes others to think recklessly and drunkenly.
:) so I like the suit. not sure the bod in the suit will have the desired effect, but hey, you gotta try! haha!

Judi said...

mary mary! you will not suck! stop saying that!

mjcaron said...

I am a "fun junkie". Nice Suits! I love that shimmery one. I finally bought my first speedo swim suit. I really like it and I feel faster in the water with it even if I'm not. :) Merry Xmas!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and have fun in 2009 Mary!!

Hey, I wanted to let you know that I'm taking a break from blogging for a while. I made my blog private but I'm not writing...if you stop by, I didn't want you to think I didn't invite you :-)

Happy Holidays!!!

Michelle said...

Woo Hoo!!! You are back!!! I missed you. :) LOVE the schedule (I'll look for you at Derry's and Stu's - they will be virgin races for me and I'm PSYCHED!), and I simply must have the blue shimmery Splish suit. And, I'll be running out to TRU to pick up a Simon - I loved Simon as a kid!

Speed Racer said...

I'll be there at Derry, and since I won't be doing Stu's, or the Frostbite, or the Mid-Winter Classic you're going to HAVE to stalk me at Derry. Sorry, you have no choice.

You're going to go on bike riding adventures with me in the spring, right?

I would totally not have the balls to wear that blue suit. You are a total rock star!

Rainmaker said...

Good to see you're back. The suits that place makes are pretty awesome.