Monday, September 19, 2011

Little Red

My Canondale road bike, Little Red, has briefly come out of retirement. This morning I brought Mrs. Z  to Fast Splits, where she will get a quick little tune-up from Brian, the mechanic there, and then shipped off to Hawaii by TriBike. It's a long trip. I'm hoping she makes friends with all the other bikes.

But, in her absence, enter Little Red.
Here she is in 2007 at Timberman, her first and only 70.3. Soon after she was replaced, coldly, by the super slick, Mrs. Z.

Little Red has been spending time in the basement lately. When I brought her up I had to clean her thoroughly. She had become a tad moldy and cobwebby, I'm afraid. After a complete bath and a little lubing, however, she looks quite snappy and rides quite well. We all ride better after a bath and lube, eh?

I removed Little Red's aerobars because I think they cause me to be even less aero than simply being on the drops. I think I might have 70 spacers atop my stem. Not sure.  I admit I'm slightly relieved that I will be unable to measure power output for the next few weeks. My legs are cooked. I just want to rest, man! Luckily for me, I am resting a bit this week. It's funny--before IMLP I was constantly paranoid I wasn't doing enough or working hard enough. Now I'm doing exactly as prescribed, and no more, with no worry. I'm just too freaking tired to worry. End of the season, can you hear me calling your name??

I leave you with a few illegally copied photos of my racing at Pumpkinman. 




I look cut and tanned! You know I'm going to look at these pictures in January and sob, full of self-pity because my tanned cut-ness has turned into pasty flabiness.

And here are a few of my awesome tri friends who raced (and all placed, fyi) Stacy, me, Kelsey, Amy, Erin and Michelle.

For now. Namaste.






11 comments:

Unknown said...

your pman pics are killer. you look hawt!!

rest up girl! can't wait to stalk your kona adventure. go get em

Kim said...

mary, you look fucking JACKED!!!!

Michelle said...

LOL - looking at those Pman pics I thought "Damn, Mary is ripped these days!!!!"

My tan is already fading and it makes me sad........

Can't wait to read about your Kona experience - it's going to be amazing!

tri like mary said...

I was going to ask you where I could get a set of those guns. Great pics! It's amazing the difference in your postion between both bikes. Can't wait for my tri bike to come in! :-)

Casey said...

You do look awesome in those pics!!

giveaway!!
http://bugsbees.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-memories-product-review-and-giveaway.html

Michelle Simmons said...

Don't worry... you'll get so tanned/burned in Kona that your skin will have color through the rest of the fall... And If you apply your sunscreen right (i.e. not on your upper arms), that stamped race number will be burned into your arm possibly until christmas. ;)

maria conley said...

Those arms/shoulders are ripped. Cant wait to follow you on Ironman.com live. Little Red still looks sharp after being in the lonely basement!!

Unknown said...

Daaaaamn can I have your arms?!

No seriously. How do you do that? I need some cutness in my life.

The Finicky Farmer said...

What a red hot chili pepper!

Getting excited to read about your experiences in Kona...!!!

Unknown said...

Kona? No way! That is awesome!! Those pics are great too!!

Julie Dunkle said...

I have 2 more ride on my TT bike and then he is off as well....so I'll be rolling on my road bike too!

See you in Kona!