Thursday, March 3, 2011

Suffering

No, I am not going to write about suffering. That would be a good blog topic, of course. Suffering versus enduring versus welcoming pain.

But that is too heady for me right now. I am without content recently (read the last few months). I am running on a wheel.

Until recently my running (even if on a wheel) was faster than normal running on a wheel. But the last two days I had SHIT runs. Like they were shitty experiences and also shitty (literally) experiences. I am fighting some sort of a something. I puked up a gel at mile 7 of a run today. And then I had to run home, because I was like... you know, seven miles from home.  So I guess that's suffering... and hence this is about suffering.

Because I am empty of anything riveting to tell you (I have riveting things on my mind but I'm sorry, I don't feel like telling you, unfortunately), I will conform to the blogging trend of using the ABC's to reveal stupid facts about me that you may (or more likely may not) find particularly illuminating. Don't get me wrong... I love these sorts of things ... (ABCs to get to know you etc.)

Here  goes:
Age: 40. ew.
Bed size: King. I have been married over 10 years. Duh.
Chore you dislike: I dislike all chores, especially putting away laundry and cleaning man/boy piss off toilet seats.
Dogs: Oh but of course! Two destructive puppies, Ernie (a Boston Terrier) and Hazel (a yellow lab). I was inspired to get Ernie after I became obsessed with Jesse's Boston, Cooper.
Essential start to your day:  coffee. then more coffee.
Favorite color: green
Gold or silver: silver
Height: 5'2" and 1/4 inch
Instruments you play: piano, trumpet, French Horn. None of them well, and none of them since college
Job title: mother, coach. I still think of myself mostly as a middle school history and English teacher.
Kids: 3. ages 9,7 and 5, girl, boy, girl
Live: Westwood, MA aka totally lacking in any kind of diversity Boston suburb.
Mom's name: Mary Jean
Nickname: Mar. But I hate that nickname so please refrain from calling me that.
Overnight hospital stay: Childbirth. three different (and each very special) c-sections.
Pet peeves: When people say, "you're so good" in reference to my working out. I am good. But not for that reason.
Quote from a movie: Stacy: When a guy has an orgasm, how much comes out? Linda: Oh, about a quart or so. (Fast Times). I know there are better ones out there, but that shot into my head.
Righty or lefty: Righty
Siblings: one older sister (Laura), one younger sister (Christina), and two younger brothers (Jordan and AJ)
Time you wake up: it depends on whether I am working out in the a.m. or not. Either 5:15 a.m. or 7:00 a.m.
Underwear: Hazel likes to eat it, so it must smell really great.
Vegetables you don't like: eggplant, raw tomatoes.
What makes you run late: that would take too long to list....
Xrays you had: teeth, feet, ankles, boobs, uterus, knees
Yummy food you make: I make a mean cake from a mix.
Zoo animal favorites: Polar Bears. Lions. I don't know. Unlike Kim, I like all of them, even their smelliness.

Hope you learned something important about me that will help you discern the content of my character; the depth of my soul.
or something like that.

5 comments:

Running and living said...

Actually, as superficial as these are, you do learn a bit about the person. Sorry you are sick, stomach bugs are the worst! Kill the bug and your runs will get back their awesomeness.

tri like mary said...

Finally, someone else who doesn't like raw tomatoes! Sorry about the crappy runs, you know that I know what those are like! :-)

mjcaron said...

It's rare to find a fellow female trumpeteer. I also played trumpet and french horn but only in Junior high. lol.. Feel better!

Emilie said...

I'm stealing your ABC idea for my blog, and I'm sorry your sick, and most people would have called for a ride after throwing up.

Kim said...

:) i love these things! hope youre feeling better.