Thursday, December 31, 2009

In Review

First part of two of In Review.
(bet you can't wait for the second installment.)

2009 Workout Totals
(According to my log which is imperfect in terms of my own recording, but whatever. Close enough.)

Total Miles for S/B/R:                                            5,652 miles

Total yards of swimming:                                        370,376 yards

Total miles spent astride Mrs. Z:                             3,042 miles

Total miles on the road pounding my metatarsals:    1,225.2 miles

Total mileage of brickage:                                       1, 113 miles

Total miles Racing                                                  403.5 miles

Total Hours spent sweating this year, not including racing: 590  hours.

Of course, all the racing, walking, carrying my kids, "mountain" biking, and so on are not included in that, so I'm making the executive decision to call it 620--at least. So there. (IM alone needs to add on 11:45 hours, right?) :)

Okay. I'm still in the midst of my lifeguarding/water safety instructor training. Eight long days in a row, baby...
Happy New Year!

11 comments:

Judi said...

i don't keep track. like some OCD fools i know. :)

happy new year mary.

MaineSport said...

You remind me of a problem I have with Training Peaks- bricks and races don't count towards running and biking totals. I enter them separately, which gives me sport-specific totals, but doesn't reflect the true nature of the efforts.

Swimming for ME said...

And that is why they call you the Iron Matron! Here's to more sweating in 2010.....

Ange said...

wooohoooo!!! good memories with all those miles. I looked mine up yesterday too.

Jennifer Harrison said...

How fun! Of course I see the Annual #s ongoing but it is nice to see the year end summary on paper!

I agree with Maine Sport though, TP does not put the bricks toward separate run/bike miles!

Here's to even more in 2010. hee hee :))

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

hauling kids around certainly counts! Congrats on the 620! Happy new year!

Velma said...

Amazing! Here is to another great year.

Linda said...

Wow that's amazing! And inspiring! Too bad there's no sort of mileage-based rewards program for tri training a la Delta SkyMiles ;)

Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

me likey....very nice! happy new year!

mjcaron said...

What could you possibly include in your 2nd installment? How much you ate?

Nice figures. I wonder how that compares to the year before? Are you going to increase for 2010? Need I ask? I'm full of questions for you. Sorry.. :))) Happy New Year!

Speed Racer said...

An interesting observation: my bike miles were twice yours, your running miles were twice mine. Coincidence? Hmmmmmmm...

Makes me think back to your myolinated fibers conversation and how we perceive our talents.