Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I found out this morning that I have been invited back onto the 2011 TriBike Transport Team. I am pretty darn excited. They are good people yonder at TriBike...

I love their product (anything that reduces the stress of traveling with a bike--or rather, eliminates the stress--is pretty sweet IMHO.) To boot, as I said, they are just good people. I also like the people ON the team. And, naturally, I like that it is a pretty sweet sponsorship. That might be my favorite part of all.

So, yep. I'm happy.

There are a few other things I am pleased about, too. The first is that next summer I will have a vegetable garden. I have been waiting to have one... until we moved to Maine, or until I had a piece of yard larger than a postage stamp. But that is not soon happening, and I am done waiting. SO, I am ripping up the front yard and putting a big ass vegetable garden there.

Go me!
Fuck everyone else! I no longer care if my yard is an eyesore! I will plant zinnias and marigolds along the peripheriy so it will be not so very ugly. And mabye I will try to mask the chicken wire fencing I will use to keep the rabbits out with morning glories.

Today I ordered flats, landscape fabric, a large heating mat for seedlings (I wonder if an electric blanket would work... has anyone tried that--anyone who is a gardener randomly reading this tri blog?), and of course, seeds! I love growing things from seed. I plan to have radish, peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, beets, sweet red peppers, pumpkins, gourds, and string beans. I'm also growing strawberries in hanging pots, and I'm growing all of my annual flowers from seeds, like impatiens, petunia, pansy and, of course, the all important zinnias and marigolds.

I can't wait to get my hands dirty. They have been so clean as of late, and it's getting tiresome.

In workout news, Kurt had me do the evil 20 minute FTP test today.
It hurt. And I sucked. But I have hope! (Hope springs eternal.. yes it does..!) because even though I am not where I want to be, I was handed a goal. A GOAL! I love goals. I can work pretty damn doggedly when I have a goal. Must... Get.... Goal.....pant pant.
I just love having a direct target.

Other than the test nothing exciting has happened in workout-ville lately. I've been doing some swimming. And some running. and some biking on the trainer. and some yoga and a few sit-ups. That pretty much covers it.

Cheers.

10 comments:

RockStarTri said...

Last week my coach gave me a 2x20 FTP test. He didn't like the results and made me do it again later in the week. When I looked at the plan this week, yet another 2x20. Argggghhhhh.

Yea for the TriBike Transport team!

Linda said...

I envy your garden. You can't use chicken wire fencing to keep ME from stealing from it! ;)

Annie Crow said...

Ooh, will you have photos of your garden?

Congrats on the renewed sponsorship, that must feel good after worrying about your training break.

I love goals too.

Running and living said...

Congrats on the Tri Bike gig! Awesome and well deserved:)
The garden is going to be awesome!

Kim said...

can i come over and steal some of your garden treats if you have too many?! yay for tribike transport! congrats!

ShutUpandRun said...

Yeah fuck them all, it's your yard.

I don't even know what an FTP test is. Is that bad?

czechchick15 said...

Congrats on the team!!!!!! And how fun was the 20 min FTP test? :) I did mine yesterday too! Are you doing 5 min one tomorrow?

Airy Nothing said...

Though you could use an electric blanket in lieu of a proper grow mat, you'll have a hard time gauging the temperature in the seedling cells. In any event, you should probably purchase a controller and a probe (which goes in a cell) for your grow mat to maintain a consistent temperature.

Also, congrats on the renewed sponsorship =)

Ange said...

congrats on TriBike!!! that's awesome!
Love the idea of your garden! In your front yard --COOL!!! I wish I was home enough in the summer to keep up with it. I have never heard of a heated mat for seeds!

Swimming for ME said...

Good job!