Sunday, February 3, 2008

Just Saying...

Great Things About My Race:

  • I got to hang with Ange and Alina (h.s. friends). Ange is a rock star. She did a 7:01 pace. She is my idol.

  • I got to meet (if too briefly) two new blogger friends, SpeedRacer and Mindy.

  • I got to ride all the way up to Maine and back all by myself, with my book on tape, my DD coffee and my own thoughts.

  • The weather was really mild. It must have been at least in the low 40's.

  • I didn't run that badly! I definitely ran better than I did at the Frostbite. I finished in 1:14:27, which is 7:27 pace. It's a far cry from the 7:11 pace of last year, but I've been running 15 miles a week in zone 1 for the past two months. It's not bad for that, right?

  • I had a really nice, warm shower after the race in the high school locker room.

  • I got home and my kids were so happy to see me, and my husband had cleaned the kitchen, cleaned my car, and gotten groceries. I almost cried. His actions made me that happy. Take note, husbands!

A Couple Bad Things:
  • I'm really sore.

  • I got outkicked by like 10 people in the last quarter mile.

  • I didn't get to meet Nitsirk because I was so antsy about warming up.
  • The Patriots lost. (I know this doesn't have to do with the race, but you know, it's part of the day. I don't care really, I kinda of like it when the underdog wins, but the hub. is really sad.)

I will provide a more entertaining and detailed race report very soon!

7 comments:

Rainmaker said...

Nice race! Congrats! Like you said, this early in the season that's very solid.

Speed Racer said...

I'm glad you had such a great day! 7:27, that's AMAZING! Please tell me that wasn't in zone 1, because if so, I'm hanging up my running shoes forever. I can't wait to read the full race report.

I look forward to seeing you at the next one, wherever that may be.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

7:27 is not bad at all. I barely run that at a 5k. I can't wait for the report.

My tooth has to do with genetics not age. LOL

Anonymous said...

Coming home to a clean kitchen, a clean car and groceries bought...priceless!!

My husband knows that's my favorite kind of "choreplay" ;)

AtlantaMom said...

You are amazing, and I hope you realize it. The fact that you lament your time kills me (and makes me wanna kill YOU! LOL). You seriously rock.

Michelle said...

Awesome job! I, too savor those long solitary car rides to far-away races - it's so nice to kick back with a DD coffee and listen to all my music and NO whining!!!

Triteacher said...

That top list is definitely warm-fuzzy nice. And you - are fast. I can see why you're sore!