Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Crisis

It has come to my attention (courtesy of the hub.) that my bike is transgendered. Her name is the Black Stallion, but she is, of course, a lady. hmmmm. What to do? Rename her? Allow her to continue being this way? Not that I have a problem with it... I could change her name to Black Beauty. She could therefore still be nicknamed The Black and she would still be named after a famous literary horse known for her speed and grace. Of course Black Beauty was nicknamed Beauty, not The Black. Only the Black Stallion was called The Black. This is a problem.

9 comments:

Rainmaker said...

Maybe she's not so much transgendered as simply bi. Perhaps your bike needs to come out of the closet.

Speed Racer said...

1. Gender dysphoria is nothing to be afraid of. You should love your bike just the way it is, however it identifies.

2. I think that it's hot when women have men's names. There's a woman on my swim team named Kevin, and she's perfectly normal AND wicked fast.

greyhound said...

Are you sure she's female and not just "passing" to avoid your hubbah's jealousy? I know my bike is a girl because Carmen told me she was, and because, I would never mount . . .

I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Trisaratops said...

Ooooo. That is a confusing problem indeed! I gots no advice. Best of luck figuring out his/her identity!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I would keep it male. He does a "top tube".

Kim said...

black beauty is the name of my car!!!

Anonymous said...

I think Black Stallion or Black Beauty is good...whichever makes you feel faster when you're riding.

I've had my bike for over a year and still can't decide on a name!

Triteacher said...

Ack - these days there are so many shared names. SHE can be a Black Stallion.

You may wish to note though that this coming from a woman who named her boy bike "Serra" - inspired by the Johnny Cash song, "A Boy Named Sue." We do want them to be tough, don't we?

triguyjt said...

I say you name it
"Dark Magic" and if anyone asks about the "gender"..just go with whatever way you're leaning that day.

work for you???