Friday, March 7, 2008

suemtaemren


Yesterday I was helping Jordan with her homework. (Don't get me started on the fact that my first grader has homework.) We were working on the mystery word of the week, which turns out is measurement, and we were quite absorbed in the task. Basically you have to unscramble the word and also find as many words within the word as you can. I had just found mature and nature and I was pretty psyched. Nothing like Mom doing homework for her kid, eh? Okay, so here's the real story. As I am praising myself for finding mature (note the irony) Jordan says, "Mom, where are Noah and Lara? It's pretty quiet." (Nothing like the child doing the parenting, eh?) "I'll go check it out," she said, and she trotted away. I think I mumbled and continued my quest to find words out of the word. "Mom? I think you better come in here," Jordan said a moment later. My heart dropped. Shit. I raced toward her voice. They are in the bathroom. They are both totally naked. The handsoap and a cup of soapy water are on the floor. They have their toothbrushes in their hands. Water and soap are everywhere. "What are you doing?" I asked. Noah was gleeful. "We're washing our pees!" I'm incredulous. "With handsoap and a toothbrush?" "Yeah!" Lara cried, and proceeded to put the toothbrush between her legs and started to scrub. Noah followed suit, dipping his toothbrush in the water and using it to well, you know. Oh. My. God. _______________________ 

On a totally different note, I want to thank everyone for their responses to my last post. I guess I didn't realize how loaded it was, and how stressed, upset and most of all, guilty I felt until I wrote it. The strange thing is that the day after I wrote that post I got Triathlete Magazine in the mail. The editor's note was on sandbagging!

7 comments:

triguyjt said...

kids say and do the darndest things

Ange said...

Oh. My. God. Exactly. What an awesome laugh I just got Mary. Thank you. I really really really needed that today. Sorry for your mess....and need to go shop for new toothbrushes!

Judi said...

Ok Mary, I'll just say ummmmm.....

ok. I don't have kids.

Anonymous said...

Hey...better clean than not clean down there!

Okay, here's how slow I am. I almost googled the title of your post to see what it meant, even after reading your post. Then I finally realized it was a word from "measurement!" Duh!

Rainmaker said...

Hilarious!

kodiacbear said...

Hey Cindy, don't feel bad..it took me a minute too to figure it out! LOL Mary, they do keep us in stitches.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I am dying laughing here. Thats so funny!!!! Its a good thing I don't have kids. I would have kicked their asses and then laughed some more.