Tuesday, April 15, 2008

One absolutely awesome thing about the hub. is that he likes to do things "right." When we got the computrainer I knew he'd want to be able to hook up the lap tap and have it near by, but I had no idea how he would achieve this. This, my friends, is what he came up with.
Lest you think he purchased the stand, let me correct you. He built the platform out of some spare wood he had (he's a woodworker, among other things) and then went to Home Despot to purchase the piping. He even placed a handle on the upper end so we can easily move the platform around. I realize the laptop looks rather precariously held up there, but he attached rubber type things to the bottom of the laptop so it would be totally secure.

Now the only chore will be to keep the kids' paws off it...

__________

Yesterday Lara made herself a high carb snack right before dinner. Check it out:

She was pretty proud of herself.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is way too cool! Your husband is quite the craftsman!!

...you think Lara could come over and fix me a snack? Yum.

Swimming for ME said...

Dara and Lara are going to be double trouble this summer!

Rainmaker said...

Your husband needs to take a wee bit of a road trip south. Oh...and you can come too. :)

Pam said...

Your husband rocks!!! that almost makes me want to use a trainer!!!

Kim said...

holy crap, i didnt know you had a computrainer!!! you are one high class broad with that entire contraption!!! sweet!!!

Judi said...

That computrainer thingie is just off the hook Mary!! Crazy! You are serious about this shit for real!

Speed Racer said...

Nice! How much does he charge? You're so lucky!

PS Can you please e-mail me (speedyspeedracer@gmail.com), I have like a million, bajillion questions about Monday and don't know anyone who's done the bandit thing before? HELP! Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Anniversary Moments said...

WOW! Luv the set up! And you're worried about your biking -- you are going to be AWESOME! I mean you have a shiny, new, fast lookin' bike, and totally cool training set up with computrainer - so that automatically makes you 5% faster ;)

Anonymous said...

Mary...I tagged you :)

AtlantaMom said...

I have to say that your hubby ROX. What better way to show that he is behind you all the way with your passion than to help you this way!

How is he with cabinetry? I could use a handyman to help me in our bathrooms...

You are one tough cookie, Ms. Mary. I admire you so much.

triguyjt said...

mary,..that is awesome what your hubby rigged up. i wont show the bride..she'll only think what a handy putz i am,,,haha

watch out for pee bee and Jay smears on the lsptop....!!!

M said...

that computrainer thing looks awesome! I want on ein my apartment!

And the jelly sandwich? that's breakfast lunch AND dinner for me. YUMMM!!