Monday, June 23, 2008

Training Weekend: Part 1

A few verys:

Very fun.
Very hard.
Very satisfying.
Very happy about new friends!

A few firsts:

First time I rode a century-- 107 miles to be exact!
First time I have drafted on the bike.
First time I have pulled on the bike.
First time I have ridden with more than one person on a ride!
First time I swam 2 miles straight in the open water
First time I have been away from my kids for more than 3 days
First time I have logged more than 17 hours in one week of training
First time I have looked at my watch at 6:30 at night and realized I had been working out ALL day long
First time I have been recognized as a trooper--a non-complainer--and hard worker in sport (Thank you, Jesse.)
First time I have hung out for a long stretch of time with serious triathletes, most of whom are ten times better than me, and most of whom do ten times more than me in terms of training
First time I have felt young--younger than my age--in a really, really long time.

It was a great weekend.
Thank you, QT2!

16 comments:

Kim said...

i am so proud and in awe of you!!!! you totally rocked VT's world. congratulations on having a phenomenal weekend and winning the big prize!

Jamie Anderson said...

Wow, that's great! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Great post! Congrats on all of your "firsts" this weekend!

Anniversary Moments said...

FIRST....a VERY big congratulations!!! What a way to spend your birthday weekend!

that sure is a lot of firsts to take in over 3 days. I am sooo happy for & proud of you.

especially your first century!

and as for your age, you are YOUNG, so young in looks and spirit I think you should be knocked down a few age groups ;)

Swimming for ME said...

happy birthday!!!

Rainmaker said...

Damn girl - that's some insane workouts!

Jen said...

Sounds like a great time! It's always nice to have some ME time.

Judi said...

Mary - that is awesome. For real. But ya know I have to ask, why do we even practice drafting since it's illegal? Dominic's been teaching me all that too the last couple weeks. It's fun though.

I so wish I was near you guys to train with.

Anonymous said...

WOW, Mary...great job!!!

It sounds awesome and fun. That's some serious training :)

Okay, but you know that I am also secretly competing with you on those long bike ride miles, and you are ahead with the 107 century now (congrats on that, btw!). So after my race this weekend, I gotsta ramp up my long rides to keep up with you ;-)

Rebecca DeWire said...

Wow! I am really impressed at your volume. Also, I have gone back and read some of your blog posts and totally relate to a lot of things you blog about (i.e. not feeling like you accomplished anything of substance unless you worked out, not relating to woman who always have perfect make-up and talk about window treatments!)

Maggs said...

Wow! What a weekend. It will pay off when you race!

Speed Racer said...

"First time I have been recognized as a trooper--a non-complainer--and hard worker in sport"

What?! Are you serious?! Can I be the second to call you a trooper? And the third, trooper.

Sounds like fun. Where did you go?

triguyjt said...

aint it awesome....
way to rock it mary

Steve Stenzel said...

Wow!!! That's a lot of "first's!!!"

WAY TO GO!!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post, Mary! :) Hee hee....VERY nice and CONGRATS on your awesome training weekend! Yeah!! Jen H.

BreeWee said...

whoa! One tuff momma! This is such a fun post to read... I love getting memories flooding back of my first 100 miler and drafting, ect. You helped me remember some great moments in life/sport!

Congrats to you... are you doing an Ironman or what? Is that all for the 1/2 IM coming up... if so, you are SO ready!!!