Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I Got the Paper, Ma!


Noah has graduated from Preschool 1. Go Noah! Only 18 more years of school to go before he graduates college. Only 20-22 more years if he goes to grad. school. Or, if he's like the hub, just 25 more years before he earns his doctorate. Or, perhaps, an M.D.? Only 26 more years if he goes to medical school--and only 28 more years if he decides to go to medical school and specialize in a difficult surgical field. Maybe he'll become a pro triathlete and save us some cash? Nah. Most pros have degrees and work another job to keep afloat. Baseball or basketball pro, maybe? That would save us some cash, definitely. I'll have to look into some kiddie basketball and/or baseball camps for the summer. Ha! Kidding.

For now we'll focus on having a fun, low-key summer, and then attacking Preschool 2 next fall.

I'm having a "recovery" week. Thank God. I'm feeling a little more zippy --although not totally zippy. Thursday and Friday are super light days before Mooseman on Saturday, and I need them! My ass has been hurting--the piriformus muscle--. Anyone else get that? Any solutions?

FYI, my very own good friend from high school, the super scary fast triathlete ANGE was this month's Gatorade Athlete of the Month in Triathlete Magazine! So cool! You all must check her out!

The last couple of days I have been in a correcting hell (gotta remember I'm a teacher). I HATE correcting. You spend tons of time writing perfectly careful, logical, helpful comments only to have the kids look straight for the grade when getting the paper back and then chucking it into the trash. grrr.

Send me fast thoughts for Saturday! I'm plenty excited and plenty nervous!

12 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Congrats to Noah! That's awesome!

Cool you're a teacher also. I hate grading as well. Always seems to me that logic says it shouldn't be that bad, but for some reason it is. Oh well... bring on summer vacation!!!

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable picture!

Best of luck on Saturday...I know you will do AWESOME!! You've been working hard, and you're just fast as a bullet...I can't wait to read all about it :)

solobreak said...

This video on youtube shows a good way to get at the piriformis and other ass muscles with a foam roll. It works. Good luck!

Ange said...

Oh he's SO cute. I was just talking to Nick this morning about how loooooong he could be going to school once he starts in the Fall.
I can't wait to see you Friday!
A

Kim said...

noah is adorable!!!!

my ass hurts too!! what is up with that?!

im feeling super zippy too. youre going to be great on saturday!

Unknown said...

Best of luck Saturday! Can't wait to hear how it goes! (and yes, like the other said, Noah is too cute! Way to go on graduating!!!)

Judi said...

YAY! GO MARY!!

kodiacbear said...

Fast Vibes out your way,Mary!! Can't wait to hear your news.

BreeWee said...

I totally do NOT miss grading papers! So frustrating seeing all that hard effort go tossed in the dumpsters!

OKAY, SUPER fast vibes coming your way... Excited is a GREAT thing! That is butterflies all ready to send you flying through the race and nervous means you care!

You are so ready... have fun, make it count, make it hurt!

Pedergraham said...

Mary:
We'll be cheering for you from somewhere out on the bike course tomorrow. Have a great race!!!
-Danielle

Judi said...

LOL Mary. Yes your blog wouldn't be on MY blog if I didn't think you were cool! I admire the shit out of you! YOU ROCK THAT COURSE!

Now, if I can talk you into IMKY 09 I will be really happy.

Judi said...

Mary, just cheated and looked at the results. You are a crazy fast woman! So is Ange!!