Saturday, June 14, 2008

You've Come A Long Way, Baby...

Today is Lara's third birthday.
She had a rough start, but she was one Iron Baby.




The hub. took this video. Kind of dark and depressing, I know. I wasn't walking again yet; those c-sections put you out for the first 24 hours or so. I believe I was actually in the next room bawling because I wasn't allowed in the NICU to nurse.



Four days later she graduated from NICU land and moved downstairs in the maternity ward with me!
Here she meets her big sister and brother for the first time. Jordan is three and Noah is 20 months. I am younger than I am now. Three years younger to be precise.



Happy Birthday, Big Girl!
(Please excuse my singing voice; I'm no Celine Dion.)

5 comments:

Judi said...

OMG look at how TINY you are in that pic where you just had a freaking baby! WOW. Happy bday to your little girl. Hope you have a good weekend. Judi who is not a kid person at all.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing, Judi! you are a little thing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your baby....!! :) NICU, eh? I am so glad all is ok now. Jen H. :)

Ange said...

Oh Mary....sweet little baby girl that Lara is. Happy birthday to her!!! You Know I understand that beginning. Isn't it great she's doing so well. Such sweet videos...my computer's sound is broken but how very sweet when Noah leaned in to hug you and Lara. :)

Kim said...

happy birthday to lara!!
(and almost to you!)

cant wait to see you in a few days!

Anniversary Moments said...

Iron strong just like her Mama!!