Saturday, June 28, 2008

Back to Maine

This is Portland Head Light. It's in Fort Williams State Park in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. It's home. This summer we are having work done on our home in MA. I asked my mom awhile ago if I could move up to Maine for the summer after school let out-- with the three kids in tow. She agreed, and here I am. (thanks, mom.) There are a few problems with this arrangement. 1. The hub. can only see us on weekends. We miss the hub. 2. I miss my dogs, who are home with the hub. 3. My mom and dad might go insane by the end of the summer, and if they do, I will feel really, really bad about it. 4. NO WIRELESS INTERNET. In fact, right now, no internet at all. My mom's ancient computer is getting repaired, and currently I am using my friend's laptop, which occasionally gets access online when it picks up someone else's wireless network. Sigh. Hopefully I will find a way to keep in touch with my online world. Here are a few really awesome things about this arrangement: 1. We can go to the beach every day. 2. Training up here is awesome. It's beautiful and peaceful, and I can do my open water swimming in the Atlantic! 3. Alina, my best friend from H.S., is here with her three kids and our kids play everyday. 4. I'm now living nearer to my other best friend from H.S.--Ange! We hope to do some great training together this summer! ______________________________ In other news, I had a super deluxe bike fitting at Fit Werx on Wed. It was truly awesome. I love it when the focus is all on me! Ha! It took more than three hours. I came home with a new saddle, a new cassette (I was using a 12/23--got a 12/27), and a whole new position! It feels way more comfy on the bike now. I'm pleased. The hub., however, is not. Super deluxe fittings and new bike parts are expensive, and I "will not be denied." That can't be good. What do you think he's trying to say? (I can't hear you I can't hear you....) Acutally, I can hear you. I will never buy anything ever again. ever. Although I'm not really liking my wet suit these days.... Okay, what else? I have been a super slug all week in training. My heartrate refuses to be compliant and beat as I want it to beat. Instead it stays steadfastly in the recovery zone at all times. And I'm tired. Like really, really, please let me sleep all day tired. I did all my required workouts this week, but I did them without any umph, and a few I cut short. Next week I will be BACK--. (right?) I don't even want to post my hours this week because they are so lame compared to last week! Here are a few pictures from the QT2 Weekend. Thanks Michelle! Out to dinner: Kim, Michelle, me Kim "studying" Birthday cake for me. Thanks, Kim! Jesse making announcements in front of our Power Bar sign. We are a good little team, following all of our sponser's wishes. :) Kim looking gorgeous, me looking scary. End of the weekend. Goodbye! There are no pictures of us training, because, well--we were training!

9 comments:

Anniversary Moments said...

have a great time in Maine! I'm sure newer training surrounding and the fresh Maine air and ocean swims will get you back into Z1 & Z2 in no time and re-energized.

Speed Racer said...

Oooooh! Sounds like a fun summer break! Will you forget all about us? Will you write letters and send them home with the hub to scan and post?

I'm going to be out of a job in 2 weeks, so maybe I could come up and crash one of your bike workouts one of these days?! Or maybe an open water swim? I can be flexible.

Swimming for ME said...

I see you got on-line! Have a good race tomorrow. I got on-line tonight too -- better connection in the living room. I have added some new posts to my lame-o blog so maybe you can hyperlink to it now and not be embarrased. Miss you and see you soon. Candlepin bowling - -that is glow bowling --- was a hit. You should have seen Noah getting down with the music.

Rainmaker said...

That scenic view looks incredible - sounds like a tough training summer ;).

Have a great time at your home away from home.

Nitsirk said...

Congrats on coming to Maine for the summer, sorry the weather has been so yucky.

Sounds like you may be a touch overtrained, the low HR and tiredness are sure signs. You might want to take a day or 2 totally off.

Jamie Anderson said...

You should definitely join us for a run sometime this summer! Our group meets twice a week (Tues/Sat) for some trail running. If you're interested, drop me a note.

Judi said...

Girlie, you are so lucky to be able to train all day all summer. I miss your posts though and hope you can check in online again soon. Had my 1st OLY race yesterday, the swim was cxld. I did ok though. It was fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the pics are great!! I have never been to Maine...you make me want to go!! I am so glad you are enjoying yourself!! You with that big knife??? Eeks! :) Jen H.

triguyjt said...

don't kick yourself about the training load...you are in a fabulous area with great training venues...that will come...

can i lend you my commodore 64 computer...(joke)

as far as being away from the hub..you know what they say..abscense makes the heart grow fonder!!!! I haven't seen "The Bride" in 5 years... Just kidding