Thursday, July 24, 2008

All I have to say is, Where the hell is the Ark? I want to get on it! It won't STOP RAINING!

There is a short story by Ray Bradbury called All Summer in a Day. Is anyone out there familiar with it? It takes place on Venus. On Venus it never stop raining except for once every seven years.

I am in that story.

In other news, when I went to pump my tire today the tip of it flew off and the tire went flat. The hub. is in MA. I had to change it alone.
And I did it! It took me 12 minutes. Not bad. (Okay, it's bad, but it's not bad for me!) It looks to be perfectly fine. We shall see on my ride tomorrow. ha!

8 comments:

Ange said...

I was looking for that ark yesterday too...come to think of it, I have been looking for it since Last Friday!! My feet had flashbacks of being soggy, white and blistery. Not good.
Great job changing your tire!!! Woohoo! 12" is not too bad at all. See you tonight. A

Rachel said...

Congrats on signing up for IM LP! That's supposed to be a great one. I love changing my own flats. Gives me such a feeling of independence.

Swimming for ME said...

I've always known down deep in my heart that you could change a bike tire. Go Mary!!! Hopefully you won't have to do it tomorrow however.

Anonymous said...

Rain, rain, go away!!

Great job on changing the flat. I was trying to be all cool changing my flat the other day in the house, and I didn't check to make sure the tube wasn't pinched on the edges. There was a HUGE blowout pop...freaked the dogs out big time!!

Hope you got a good ride in :)

Judi said...

Lucky you can change a flat. I got stuck last week (after D broke up with me) and when I called him, he said "your bike's not my fucking problem" and he hung up. So I had to fucking hitchhike to my bike shop. Then I got a lesson on changing a flat.

Speed Racer said...

And I hear the weather patterns are only going to get worse in the next few years. This sucks!

Rainmaker said...

As long as it's not cold rain...it's all good rain!

Unknown said...

Great job changing the flat. It takes practice!!!