Monday, March 22, 2010

Hey! That's MY FRIEND!!!

I had a great little swim last Saturday.

But do you see what I have to compare myself to???

Alina was ranked top 10 in the 50 Free by FINA in the fucking WORLD!

How sick is that????
Congrats Girlfriend! I'm so amazed and proud of you!

[35-39]50m Freestyle Women Short Course
RankFull NameCountryTime
1CRAY ZoeGBR26.37
2ABERG HelenaSWE27.06
3SCHUBERT ManuelaGER27.16
4MAYVILLE-ARMAS JUSA27.20
5BRAUN ErikaUSA27.28
6PEREZ MariaESP27.29
7FORNI MaddalenaITA27.33
8VERGANI ValeriaITA27.39
9IWASHITA MidoriJPN27.42
10PEREZ-SMITH AlinaUSA27.47

13 comments:

Mrs. Topchik said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!
IS this as quick as she was in high school?
You guys are all amazing!

MaineSport said...

"World" is good enough. But F...? Yes, very impressive.

donna furse said...

holy crap, do you swim with her? Did she swim in college? Thats pretty awesome. Great job on your swim by the way, you are going to crush the tri world this year, so proud of you.

Running and living said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! Mary, you are surrounded by celebrities:)

Jennifer Harrison said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!! AWESOME ranking is right!!! Impressive, Alina! :)

mjcaron said...

How is this possible? How does one glide down one length in 13 seconds? I would like to know please.

Ange said...

And to think...she started in little Ole' Cape E with us!!! I can say "I knew her when...."

So proud of her!

Kim said...

im pretty sure you and your maine friends are the fastest swimmers in the entire world.

Velma said...

Sweet! Go USA.

Regina said...

Awesomeness!

Judi said...

dang gina!

Unknown said...

How exciting and inspiring...I just read about her in Ang's post but I had no idea this was a WORLD classification. Incredible...you have a famous athlete friend!! She must be amazing.

Pining for Pinterest said...

WOW!