Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tomorrow I depart....

Thank God. I need to do this f-ing race already.

Today I packed while my kids ran rampant--under the sprinkler, through the house with wet muddy feet, through the garden, over the swingset. Yep. School's OUT!

I had a good hard swim this morning which was nice because I feel like taper is turning me into a big blob. Then I went running and tried to imagine mile 20 of the marathon. It wasn't happening, so I just ran.

And that's all she wrote in terms of workouts... Yep. I'm done. I have a few minutes of s/b/r on Friday, and a blip of s on Saturday, but other than that.... It's just that 140.6 on Sunday. no problemo.

I am so ready for this if for no other reason than if it doesn't come soon I will go insane. I do NOT do well when I train this little. It is quite possible taper will kill me. I feel like a pent up wild animal.

Interesting image there.

Anyway. DID you know I share a birthday with THREE amazing triathletes? One, Craig Alexander--who is of course the most awesomely delish pro out there (oh, and he's actually good, too, huh/) and then Molly (who won Lake Placid--won it!) and then Dave--who is an uber runner/triathlete who is only a few years younger than me. (just a few.)

I'm going to try to post after the race, but that depends on how good the internet connection is (or is not) at our cottage. We rented on Lake Hayden so that we could get some R&R for a week after the race. (Or as much R&R as you can get with three little people, anyway.) The owner of the cottage said she is taking out the water trampoline for us, and let me tell you, I think I'm more excited for that than the race! She warned us it was cold. WHATEVER. We're Maine stock and also have wetsuits if that's not enough.

Anyway, you should be tracking me, of course, so you will know how it goes down. See you on the other side. 

22 comments:

Running and living said...

Of course I'll be tracking you!!! And you are going to rock it. You have a plan, you trained hard, you have the experience of an ironman last year! Honestly, you deserve this, you really do! I hope it happens and that you have the race of your life!!!! Goooo Maaaaaary!!!

Chris said...

Have a GREAT race!

Kristina said...

You are going to kick ass like the ass kicker you are. Kill it, sistah.

Ange said...

You know I'm with you!!!

John said...

Good luck Mary! We'll be tracking you all the way.

Kim said...

Go mary go! I know you will be great. Why? Bc you're mary fuckin ironmatron. Hell yeah I will be tracking you. 140.6 has nothing on you. Safe travels friend. Xoxo

donna furse said...

most importantly, enjoy the journey, you will experience all the emotions out there ( the good, the bad and the ugly) but if you can always return to why you are doing this and look around and enjoy the scenery and the experience it will be awesome. You will be great no matter what happens. Be safe my friend.

David said...

You are awesome Mary. Whether or not the race goes exactly to plan, when you get to the start line, and when you get to the finish line a couple hours later, you will be bringing a genuine goodness with you. In other words, no matter what happens, you will win just by showing up.

Also, the great birthday helps :)

Pam said...

GOOD LUCK!

Swimming for ME said...

I want to post to some cheesy lyrics to make you laugh but I can't think of any... hope you have something good to sing as you make your way. You are going to do awesome, because of course you ARE awesome!

Barb said...

Good Luck Mary, I have been reading your blog through LP last year and this whole year of great training since. You are so ready for this and the 'caged animal' feeling proves it.

Go out and kick some ass!!

runningyankee said...

good luck out there. you've put your heart into this race and i know you'll come out on the other side a huge success.

Kennyo said...

Good Luck.... Well lucks not needed, Know u will do great!! Have fun!!
Kenny

maria conley said...

YOu have the eye of the tiger and all the training under you. Therefore you will rock this baby. And how fucking sick is to share your birthday on the same day as my handsome & yeah delish Craig (Crowie) Alexandar. I have the hots for him!!! Now go get it, girl. love ya!!!

Michelle said...

Good luck! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear about it when it is all said and done.

Also, I have no idea what a water trampoline is, but suddenly I want one. It just sounds awesome.

MaineSport said...

When it gets tough, remember we're all pulling for you!

mjcaron said...

Good Luck Mary!! I'll be watching. Can't wait. You're going to do awesome!!!!!

Swimming for ME said...

Eye of the Tiger... see Maria was thinking. Way to go chica!

Regina said...

Dude! Water trampoline?! we had one at the lake house we rented for Mooseman....I am in love!

Good luck, you are gonna rock this race!!

Mike Platt said...

Good Luck. Trust yourself.

Kim said...

um whats up fishie? awesome swim split. go mary go! youre kicking ass.