Monday, October 19, 2009

Double X

I had a great race yesterday.
It was cold.
And rainy.
And it snowed enough later in the day for my daughter to make a 3 ft. tall snowman. (no lie.)
But I PR'd by 12 minutes, so it's all good in the end!
3:19:34, 7:37 pace, average.

My goal was to PR, but it was also to break 3:20.
Woot! Yahoo! Praise God and Jen Harrison! I'm excited about ending the season on such a good note.

Race Report to follow.

In other very exciting Mary news, I had a small piece published in My Comeback, a blog that is a part of Double X, a Web magazine that Slate launched in spring 2009.  If you click here and scroll down, you can click on my article. There is one typo (boo). Where it reads blow off temporarily postpone, there should be a line through blow off. The humor is lost without the cross out, but oh well. Please check it out!

8 comments:

Kim said...

COULDNT BE PROUDER OF YOU!

awesome job with the AMAZING PR and the article!

Running and living said...

You kicked major butt, I am NOT surprised. Love the article, very real, very Mary!

Regina said...

Great article, and you have a good "author" name: "Perils of a Kona Bound Mom" by Mary Holt-Wilson...sounds very cool.

OK, your marathon? Holy Crap! Super Congratulations, that is awesome, in the full on Merriam-Webster definition of awesome. Now, go put your feet up and have a beer and try not to make the rest of us feel so sub par for the rest of the winter.

Unknown said...

OM gosh, you are incredible...you ran my goal pace and did it!! Any secrets to share? Good job!

donna furse said...

I loved the article and congrats on an amazing race, good for you. I too have lots of kids ( 4) and aspire to go to Kona someday, most people don't understand but you certainly get what I feel on a daily basis. Good luck on your journey. I'm at crazytrimom.blogspot.com.

GoBigGreen said...

nice pace:)! I agree it is nice to finish the season smashing your goal!

Katie said...

Awesome job! Way to smash a PR in yucky conditions!

Anonymous said...

Great article! did find another misspell though: "I wanted a good job, a good man, a good home, and good little tots who would love me and call my Mom..." Doh! Hey their editors are new ;)