Monday, January 14, 2008

Snowday

Ahh. The Snow Day. For those of you out in the real working world, they mean very little, except that they are a P.I.T.A if you have kids and must get coverage while you go to work. For we folk who never left school, however, they are sheer bliss. The only problem with the snow day is that you pay for them at the end of the school year. I am planning to go on this big, crazy 4 day tri-weekend with my team in late June, but I will only be able to attend Saturday and Sunday of it if we have even one more snow day. You absolutely cannot under any circumstances take off the final days of school. It's almost as a big a no-no as taking off the first day. Know what I mean? But I digress. I needed today. I had to get on the Death Trainer for one hour forty minutes, (which is way too long for a weekday workout in my opinion). I did that. (Go Mary!) Unfortunately, I didn't do the million other things on my list such as: correct papers plan lessons for the end of the week calculate grades, which are due in a week and a half do the laundry change the sheets on the beds vacuum up the ten tons of dog hair in this house I did, however: Dance to "I'm A Little Washing Machine" about a billion times with my kids Put together a 300 piece puzzle of a cute puppy with my daughter Read "Clifford's Easter" (very seasonally appropriate-ha) to Noah (son) about a billion times. Watch Herbie Fully Loaded with my kids Surf the web and read tri-blogs for far too long while my kids destroyed the house and stole pudding and chocolate milk from the fridge Drank tons of coffee and got all jittery and hyper Shovel while my kids punched each other and played "King of the Mountain" in the snow It was a good day.

5 comments:

Rainmaker said...

I would suggest that one should post a video of dancing to "I'm a little washing machine". Cause no video - no proof.

And 1.6 hours on a trainer is a heck of along time. Nicely done!

jbmmommy said...

Sounds like a great day. Too bad we've got so much winter left and you're out of free snow days. I look forward to keeping up with your extremely busy schedule.

jbmmommy said...

I'm back, just finished reading through your blog and you are HOLY FAST! I did the Timberman sprint as my first triathlon in 2006, some day I hope to make it my first half iron. But that's a few years off for me. Don't know how you find the time with kids, that's more dedication than I've got. Great to "meet" you, I can't wait to keep reading. Oh, and I've subscribed to you on Bloglines- hope you're feeling included amongst the tri-blogs, you definitely belong here.

triguyjt said...

hi..found your blog from
eric via kim.. what a day you had. and what schedule you have for 08. old colleague grew up in cohasset ma.
best wishes to you in training and keeping your kids from stealling chocolate milk and pudding.

Triteacher said...

Color me jealous. I would even have taken a delay so we could enjoy all the delicious snow, but alas... the supe thought the children needed learnin'... Glad your day was so productive and enjoyable.